- Questions for an In-Home Care Provider
- Quality of Life Guide
- Comfort Keepers Brochures
- Paying for Care
- Mental Health and Well-Being Guide
- Caring for You, Caring for Others Guide
- Is It Time For Home Care? Guide
- Senior Care is a Family Issue
- Starting the Conversation
- Legal Considerations
- Family Caregiver Study
- Caregiver Shortage & Your Family
- Frequently Asked Questions
How The Caregiver Shortage in Marietta, OH and Parkersburg, WV Effects Your Family
Learn more about the growing caregiver shortage in Marietta, OH and Parkersburg, WV that could affect your senior loved one and how home care could help.
AARP projects that by 2020 there will be 117million Americans needing care and only 5million paid caregivers to provide the care.
Likewise, a recent issue of Provider magazine (May 2017) stated that in the 900-member Care Providers of Minnesota Association there is a 50% vacancy rate. In other words, nearly 3,000 positions in skilled nursing, rehab centers, assisted livings and other facilities are left unfilled, causing the resulting caregiver shortage.
This caregiver shortage is going to put increasing pressure on families and result in seniors receiving inadequate care.
The problem is similar across the country, and yes, here in the Mid-Ohio Valley and Charleston, WV.
This shortage is impacting both the quality and availability of senior care in facilities & in the home
The Options for Families During the Caregiver Shortage
Comfort Keepers stresses the importance of pre-planning.
- Reserve your spot with priority scheduling by signing up as a monthly client.
- Prevent crises by starting with a light schedule of interactive services.
- Allow seniors to get comfortable with having help in their home while they are healthy.
- Integrate Comfort Keepers technology solutions & home modifications into a comprehensive plan.
- Be a Comfort Keeper client so rapidly changing needs can be met with a simple call to add shifts.
Comfort Keepers is also being proactive! Cutting-edge management and business practices are how we attract and retain our exceptional caregivers!
Call Comfort Keepers today for a free consultation at (888) 373-7127
At Comfort Keepers, we are proud to provide quality in home assisted living to seniors in:
Outlying areas also served (service delivery fees may apply): Ohio - Stockport, Barlow, Barlett, Beverly, Coal Run, Coolville, Cutler, Fleming, Little Hocking, Long Bottom, Lowell, New Matamoras, Newport, Portland, Reedsville, Reno,Tuppers Plains, Waterford, Watertown and Whipple. West Virginia - Belleville, Belmont, Davisville, Rockport, Sandyville, Saint Mary’s, Sherman and Waverly.